An NVEB-5 approved project reaps many benefits in the current, ever-evolving economic environment. Capital contributions are identified, scrutinized and provided through a strictly-managed process. Additionally, only projects that meet stringent requirements, whether existing businesses looking to expand or new ventures—-will be accepted for participation. It is imperative to submit a strong Business Plan and Economic Analysis to be considered for the EB-5 Program.
The process timeline:
- Contact NVEB-5 to initiate the pre-screening process.
- Submit background form and fee. Background form will be provided by NVEB-5 upon completion of the pre-screening process.
- Upon pre-screening approval, request an application packet.
- Due Diligence, Risk Assessment and site visit.
Average vetting time is from 30 to 60 days.
- Project Approval from NVEB-5.
- Execute NVEB-5 contract for sponsorship.
- Application process begins with USCIS.
- Identify, recruit and sign EB-5 investors.
Approximately 3 to 8 months.
- EB-5 investors transfer investment funds to escrow account. EB-5 Investors’ funds are released from escrow ONLY upon USCIS approval of the EB-5 investor’s I-526 Petition
(As of September 2016, Average USCIS processing times for I-526 petitions were 16.8 months).
- Required to Create 10 full time (35-hours/week) jobs per EB-5 investor within two years of investment. Quarterly Reporting to NVEB-5 by the Project.
- Planned exit of EB-5 investors within 5 to 7 years of release of a respective EB-5 investor’s funds from Escrow into the project.
Click here for downloadable pdf.